Former WWE Universal Champion and current Raw star Braun Strowman has revealed that he’s undergone neck fusion surgery.
Strowman’s last match came on May 1 and he’s been out of action since then, and that was actually only his second match back after suffering a concussion just over a week earlier.
PWInsider reported yesterday that Strowman, real name Adam Scherr, had been spotted in Birmingham which is where WWE stars go for surgeries, and now Strowman himself has confirmed that’s what happened.
On Instagram, he wrote:
Road to recovery starts now!!!! Level one #fusion on my c4/c5 #vertebrae was in the great hands of #DrCordover at @andrews_sports_medicine was a great experience considering. Thank you to @wwe for always taking the up most care of us.
This was very scary to find out about having to have done and they were there every step of the way reassuring that I was going to have the best care possible.
This will take a little bit of time to heal from. But I assure you ( in the words of the #Terminator ) I’ll be back!!!! Thank you all in advance for the well wishes.
He also posted a video documenting his time in Birmingham, which you can see on his Instagram at this link.
We wish Scherr/Strowman all the best for his recovery.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Update On New WWE Ring Name Fans Speculated Was For Jade Cargill
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW