Last night, WWE put on a special one-hour broadcast of Starrcade from a WWE Live Event in Atlanta, Georgia.
The taped portion of the show was headlined by a match between Bobby Lashley and fellow Raw Superstar Kevin Owens.
Things didn’t run so smoothly for WWE last night as it seems like the many fans were unable to get into the WWE Network to watch the show.
It wasn’t only the live showing of Starrcade that fans couldn’t watch, some have said that they couldn’t even log into the website or app at all.
— Ellis Mbeh, CDMP 👨🏾💻⭕️ (@EllisMbeh) December 2, 2019
WWE realised that the network had crashed and that they would be unable to fix it in a timely manner. As a result, WWE made the decision to broadcast Starrcade for free on YouTube last night.
WWE confirmed the change on Twitter last night during the show.
WWE fans can watch Starrcade live now on WWE’s YouTube channel: https://t.co/xBNyNUfdeS
— WWE (@WWE) December 2, 2019
The WWE Network has suffered some difficulties in recent months following the major update that it underwent over the Summer.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them