Last night, WWE put on a special one-hour broadcast of Starrcade from a WWE Live Event in Atlanta, Georgia.
The taped portion of the show was headlined by a match between Bobby Lashley and fellow Raw Superstar Kevin Owens.
Things didn’t run so smoothly for WWE last night as it seems like the many fans were unable to get into the WWE Network to watch the show.
It wasn’t only the live showing of Starrcade that fans couldn’t watch, some have said that they couldn’t even log into the website or app at all.
— Ellis Mbeh, CDMP ???⭕️ (@EllisMbeh) December 2, 2019
WWE realised that the network had crashed and that they would be unable to fix it in a timely manner. As a result, WWE made the decision to broadcast Starrcade for free on YouTube last night.
WWE confirmed the change on Twitter last night during the show.
WWE fans can watch Starrcade live now on WWE’s YouTube channel: https://t.co/xBNyNUfdeS
— WWE (@WWE) December 2, 2019
The WWE Network has suffered some difficulties in recent months following the major update that it underwent over the Summer.
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Major Change To AEW Revolution Match Update
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Legendary Name Spotted Backstage At AEW Dynamite
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests