Reports have emerged that WWE is considering a new championship belt for the men’s division of Raw or SmackDown.
In the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Dave Meltzer states:
“There remains a lot of talk of creating a second title for Raw (or Smackdown if they switch brands with Reigns or if someone beats Reigns) in 2023.
“But I’ve been told the story going around of that title being created with Rhodes, Rollins or McIntyre on night one of Mania this year is not the plan as of this week.”
With Reigns likely going into WrestleMania 39 as the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, there were recent reports that he could be working both nights of the two-night event.
Indications had been that, schedule permitting, The Rock would face Reigns on one night.
The other name being considered as an opponent for Reigns would be Cody Rhodes.
Meltzer would go on to state that there were talks of deunifying the championship so that WWE Raw can have its own world champion after WrestleMania.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return