A former WWE star has revealed that a spot during a match was never intended to go viral but was intended to pop two people backstage.
In February 2021, a WWE Raw match would see Nia Jax take on Lana in a table match with fans in attendance through video screens.
Jax would make a hard landing on the ring apron leading to her shouting “my hole”.
The moment would go viral on social media even making the highlight video of the match on the WWE YouTube channel, although the words have been beeped out.
Speaking on the virtual signing with K&S WrestleFest, Jax has opened up about the moment and the intended audience, saying:
“So, it was during the COVID era, right? ‘My hole’ was during the COVID era…
“We have a lot more freedom during the COVID era and I had discussed it actually with Triple H before when we were rehearsing the match and I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, you want me to do a leg drop on the apron?’
“And I was like, ‘My freaking butthole’s gonna…’ So it was more of a joke to pop Hunter and Vince (McMahon) in Gorilla. It was literally more to make them laugh.
“So when I did it, that was the intention and then when I got backstage and saw that everybody was texting me about ‘my hole’ trending, that’s not what my intention was.”
Jax was released from her WWE contract in November 2021 and would make a one-night return at the Royal Rumble in 2023.
Transcript from WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star