With WWE seemingly slowly opening its ‘Forbidden Door’ lately, could the company work with NJPW at some point soon?
Will Ospreay seems to think it may be possible.
Speaking with Tokyo Sports, Ospreay named WWE’s Ricochet and Seth Rollins as dream opponents. Interestingly, he also said:
“I think we’re at a turning point right now, and in the past I’ve talked with people from WWE about how it would be great if we could have a dream match in the future that transcends the boundaries of the organization.
“I don’t think it’s impossible, and I always want to test my own true ability.”
WWE’s recent activity suggests it may not be impossible too.
During Crown Jewel on November 5, WWE made mentions of the Bullet Club, New Japan Pro-Wrestling, the IWGP Tag Team Championship, and Karl Anderson being the current NEVER Openweight Champion.
On top of that, Shinsuke Nakamura is set to work a match for Japanese promotion NOAH in January against The Great Muta.
Ospreay may well be right in thinking we’ve hit a turning point, but the extent of it is still in question.
We recently posted a list of 10 WWE ‘Forbidden Door’ dream matches that may now be possible, which you can read at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite