WWE SmackDown star Mustafa Ali requested his release from WWE on Twitter last Sunday (January 16), and has yet to be granted his release, and we now appear to know why.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE does not plan on granting Ali his request from the company.
Those that Fightful had heard from confirmed that WWE and Ali have spoken with each other, with Ali being informed that his request would not be granted at this moment, and as of now it isn’t the plan.
Ali reportedly has years left on his WWE deal, but has not been used on WWE TV or in tapings in over two months, which began the day that he and Vince McMahon had a ‘heated argument’ over creative direction.
Fightful notes that the term ‘value’ was brought up a lot in the discussions between Ali and WWE, though they were not given specifics on that or why WWE didn’t grant the release.
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend