WWE SmackDown star Mustafa Ali requested his release from WWE on Twitter last Sunday (January 16), and has yet to be granted his release, and we now appear to know why.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE does not plan on granting Ali his request from the company.
Those that Fightful had heard from confirmed that WWE and Ali have spoken with each other, with Ali being informed that his request would not be granted at this moment, and as of now it isn’t the plan.
Ali reportedly has years left on his WWE deal, but has not been used on WWE TV or in tapings in over two months, which began the day that he and Vince McMahon had a ‘heated argument’ over creative direction.
Fightful notes that the term ‘value’ was brought up a lot in the discussions between Ali and WWE, though they were not given specifics on that or why WWE didn’t grant the release.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite