It appears that WWE may not be punishing Jimmy Uso for his third DUI arrest because of plans involving The Rock.
Uso is involved in WWE’s top storyline along with Roman Reigns and his brother Jey Uso, which is reportedly leading up to next year’s WrestleMania and will involved The Rock in some way.
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE doesn’t want to tinker with plans that will potentially involve The Rock, and that’s why nothing is being done about Uso.
“There’s stuff that’s in the plans that they feel is far too important, and they don’t wanna screw it up. And that’s the answer. But yeah, you would think, third time – bad look, no acknowledgement of it, gotta pretend it didn’t happen. I don’t know if Roman went to bat for him, my gut (instinct) is that they just decided that they’ve got this main event angle, because it’s gonna include The Rock, and it does lead to WrestleMania, and he is involved in it in some form, and they don’t wanna screw up The Rock’s angle.
“Maybe in a couple of weeks they will (do something). Maybe they’re gonna shoot some angle and then they’ll announce the suspension. But, I don’t know. I just know that, when I asked, it was like, ‘Nothing’s happening’.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
Jimmy Uso appeared on this past Friday’s SmackDown just days after being arrested, and there has been no public mention of the incident from WWE, despite the company having suspended Uso for his second DUI arrest a couple of years ago.
He’ll also be appearing on this coming Friday’s episode of SmackDown in a big six-man tag match which will be Reigns and the Usos against Edge and the Mysterios.
It could be a case where WWE delays punishment/treatment until the storyline plays out to where it’s possible to do so, so we’ll keep you updated with any further news.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match