Potential match of the year candidates could happen during 205 Live’s tournament to crown a new Cruiserweight Champion following the firing of Enzo Amore. New 205 Live general manager Drake Maverick – the former Rockstar Spud – announced the tournament on Tuesday’s show, which saw Cedrick Alexander and TJP advance to the second round. Next week will see Kalisto vs. Lince Dorado, and Hideo Itami vs. NXT star Roderick Strong.
Strong also featured on this week’s episode of NXT, defeating Tyler Bate to become the new number one contender for the United Kingdom Championship. He’s also embroiled in a feud with Lars Sullivan.
Roddy’s appearance on 205 Live isn’t confirmed to be an official WWE main roster call-up. After all Aleister Black wrestled on WWE’s Main Event last year, Pete Dunne beat Enzo Amore on Raw, and this past 205 Live saw former WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate compete against the aforementioned TJP in a first round match. So it could just be an appearance to fill up numbers.
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- AEW’s Surprising Message To Star Rumored To Be Leaving
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- New Details On WWE Releases & Top Star’s Contract
- Angelo Dawkins Reveals The Street Profits’ Main Goal Following Split Rumors
- Ricky Starks Doesn’t Want To Be Called A ‘Pillar’