Potential match of the year candidates could happen during 205 Live’s tournament to crown a new Cruiserweight Champion following the firing of Enzo Amore. New 205 Live general manager Drake Maverick – the former Rockstar Spud – announced the tournament on Tuesday’s show, which saw Cedrick Alexander and TJP advance to the second round. Next week will see Kalisto vs. Lince Dorado, and Hideo Itami vs. NXT star Roderick Strong.
Strong also featured on this week’s episode of NXT, defeating Tyler Bate to become the new number one contender for the United Kingdom Championship. He’s also embroiled in a feud with Lars Sullivan.
Roddy’s appearance on 205 Live isn’t confirmed to be an official WWE main roster call-up. After all Aleister Black wrestled on WWE’s Main Event last year, Pete Dunne beat Enzo Amore on Raw, and this past 205 Live saw former WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate compete against the aforementioned TJP in a first round match. So it could just be an appearance to fill up numbers.
- Report: WWE ‘Working On Deal’ For Cristiano Ronaldo To Appear
- WWE Star Set To Debut Brand New Look
- WWE Star Returns For First Televised Match In 11 Months
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- AEW Stars Announce Wedding Date
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Update On Ex-AEW Name’s Domestic Violence Arrest
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting