There has been a huge backstage change made to how the NXT creative team works.
As per PWInsider, the NXT creative team has been informed that they will now directly report and answer to Bruce Prichard and Christine Lubrano, in a similar system to how the main roster WWE creative works.
NXT previously operated as a seperate bubble within the company, but moving forward, will no longer run independently, per the report.
Following the recent Performance Center cuts, Johnny Russo now heads up the NXT writing team, under Prichard and Lubrano’s supervision. Russo (no relation to Vince) has been working on the NXT creative team since August 2019 and became NXT Lead Writer in July 2020. He previously worked as a WWE Senior Creative Writer/Producer before joining the Performance Center team.
We will provide additional updates on the situation as they become available.
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- Major New Match Made For AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown