There has been a huge backstage change made to how the NXT creative team works.
As per PWInsider, the NXT creative team has been informed that they will now directly report and answer to Bruce Prichard and Christine Lubrano, in a similar system to how the main roster WWE creative works.
NXT previously operated as a seperate bubble within the company, but moving forward, will no longer run independently, per the report.
Following the recent Performance Center cuts, Johnny Russo now heads up the NXT writing team, under Prichard and Lubrano’s supervision. Russo (no relation to Vince) has been working on the NXT creative team since August 2019 and became NXT Lead Writer in July 2020. He previously worked as a WWE Senior Creative Writer/Producer before joining the Performance Center team.
We will provide additional updates on the situation as they become available.
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite
- Kenny Omega Returns On AEW Dynamite