Taking to Twitter, NXT star Kyle O’Reilly has revealed that he aggravated his neck injury by appearing on WWE NXT this week to attack former stablemate Adam Cole. As such, his return has been delayed by a minimum of two weeks.
This is believed to be a storyline injury to extend the Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly feud, with Kyle’s timetable for return allowing him to wrestle Cole at TakeOver: Stand and Deliver next month:
I may have not been “medically cleared” and perhaps I “snuck into the building” but I’ll be damned if that didn’t feel “f’n great”. I’m willing to accept responsibility for my actions… something Adam Cole will never do.
Now I’m being told another 2-3 weeks added to my recovery time for re-aggravating my neck last night. How many weeks is that now? Weeks won’t keep me away from beating the sh*t out of that SOB
In other NXT related news, it has emerged that WWE had some other plans for the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship that debuted on this week’s show, which you can read more about by clicking here.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Full Match Order For WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Surprise Title Change At WWE Night Of Champions 2023