The viewership figures for the latest episode (July 27) of NXT, airing on the SyFy channel, have now been revealed.
As per Pro Wrestling Torch, this week’s show drew an average of 520,000. This is down from the 709,000 viewers who tuned in for the July 20 show. In the 18-49 demographic, the July 27 show received a 0.12 rating, also down from last week’s 0.20 figure.
It is worth remembering that this week’s episode was pre-taped, and aired on SyFy rather than the USA Network. The August 3 show will also be broadcast on SyFy, due to clashes with coverage of the Olympic Games.
During the episode, it was officially announced that Karrion Kross will defend the NXT Title against Samoa Joe at NXT TakeOver 36 next month. This will be Joe’s first wrestling match since February 2020, unless he steps into the ring prior to August 22.
Also on the show, Dakota Kai attacked Raquel Gonzalez, setting her sights on the NXT Women’s Championship. An intriguing match between Johnny Gargano and Dexter Lumis was also set up for next week’s show.
Spoilers have emerged from NXT tapings surrounding the next episode. It was reported that a Karrion Kross segment that will feature on the upcoming show had to be re-shot, as the crowd wouldn’t stop chanting “Hardy”.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18