Before last night’s Raw, a fatal-four-way elimination match was booked between AJ Styles, Bobby Lashley, Braun Strowman and The Miz, with a shot at Universal Championship Seth Rollins on the line for the winner.
However the card is always subject to change, and an injury would rule Styles out of the bout, and he was replaced by the eventual winner of the match, Baron Corbin.
The match was said to be contested under elimination rules, but ended when Baron Corbin pinned The Miz, with Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley, who weren’t actually eliminated, fighting in the crowd.
PWInsider is reporting that WWE management was debating during the day whether or not the fatal-four way number one contendership match should be fought under elimination rules or not. Those who didn’t want an elimination match said pinning or submitting three of Raw’s top talent was unnecessary, hence why The Miz was sacrificed.
As such, Baron Corbin will be facing Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship at WWE Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?