An update has emerged on locker room morale following Triple H taking over WWE creative after Vince McMahon’s retirement.
While many stars have expressed optimism following the backstage change, some names are concerned that they’ll lose their spot under The Game’s regime, per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Discussing the changes made with Triple H running creative, Meltzer wrote:
“Regarding the new regime, we’re told that it’s a positive and fresh vibe but some talent is nervous whether they will keep or lose their position. But overall the feeling is more excitement and more positive about the future.
“Paul Levesque (Triple H) was described as coming across caring about talent. Others noted a wait-and-see attitude and there is also some paranoia among some described to us from those who are not sure if their spots will be as good under the new regime.
“But it is mostly positive. It was noted it was more relaxed and calmer, that the women felt there is going to be more focus on them and that the words wrestler and wrestling were no longer dirty words talent was instructed to never use without authorization, and almost everyone considers that a good thing.”
Triple H received a lot of praise from fans following SummerSlam, the first WWE premium live event following Vince McMahon’s departure.
The executive has since detailed his insane SummerSlam week schedule, which you can read right here.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Ari Daivari Under Full-Time Deal With AEW