WWE apparently passed and rejected a number of pitches for Bayley at WrestleMania 37 in Tampa last year.
According to Fightful Select (subscription required), Becky Lynch confirmed that there were conversations about her making a return at WrestleMania 37 to work with Bayley.
Lynch wanted the longest reigning SmackDown Women’s Champion to have her big moment, but it never came to fruition.
Fightful reached out to those working in creative at the time and confirmed that there were “exhaustive number of pitches to get Bayley more involved in WrestleMania”.
There was a heavy push for the WWE star to host the show, either by herself or alongside Hulk Hogan and Titus O’Neil.
Also, there were several pitches to do a special edition of “Ding Dong, Hello!” that were passed on as well.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Major Stipulation Added To NXT Stand & Deliver Match
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change