WWE has filed a counter lawsuit against against SITO Mobile R&D IP, LLC and SITO Mobile, Ltd regarding a patent lawsuit filed in May 2021, as per PWInsider.
The May lawsuit alleged that WWE had violated SITO’s existing patents for a “System and Method for Routing Media”, with SITO alleging that they have “been damaged by the direct infringement of WWE, and is suffering and will continue to suffer irreparable harm and damages as a result of this infringement”. SITO is requesting a jury trial.
On October 5, WWE denied allegations made against the company in a 32 page response to the lawsuit, stating:
“To the extent a response is required, WWE denies that SITO is entitled to any of the requested relief. WWE expressly denies that it directly, literally or under the doctrine of equivalents, has infringed or is infringing any of the patents-in-suit; expressly denies that SITO is entitled to any award of damages, including supplemental damages for any alleged post-verdict infringement; expressly denies that SITO is entitled to pre-judgment and post-judgement interests; and expressly denies that SITO is entitled to costs of this action, including all disbursements, and attorneys’ fees. WWE specifically denies that SITO is entitled to any award of “supplemental damages for any continued post-verdict infringement” or post-judgment interest for the patents-in-suit that expired prior to the filing of the SAC.”
In WWE’s counter-suit, it was argued that there have been damages caused by the lawsuit filed against them. WWE stated that the WWE Network does not perform or transmit data from its servers to its subscribers, as alleged in the patent lawsuit.
WWE asked the Court for a jury trial, and is asking asking the Court to rule that SITO be responsible for the WWE’s costs and “reasonable” Attorney’s fees.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any potential updates.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw