A WWE star has reflected on a Cody Rhodes segment on WWE Raw, describing it as “everything you dream about.”
Referring to the February 6 episode of the red brand, Paul Heyman praised Cody Rhodes and spoke about the segment itself, saying to Jimmy Traina or SI Media:
“That was everything you dream about as a performer. And Cody just set it up masterfully.
He told his tale. He took this villainous performer, this person that is attached to the Tribal Chief, the ‘special counsel,’ this ‘wise man,’ this slimy, sleazy scumbag that’s presented on television as Paul Heyman, and within five minutes of him speaking, you have the audience chanting, ‘Thank you, Paul,’ and you have the audience crying based on something I did on a personal level for his father 22 years ago.”
Heyman would also reveal the creative process behind the Bloodline story, stating that the creative filters through to Roman Reigns.
With segments of Cody Rhodes story being inextricably linked to the late, great Dusty Rhodes, the American Nightmare would also address this in a recent interview.
Cody Rhodes and Roman Reigns are set to face each other at WrestleMania 39 on April 1 & 2 with the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship on the line.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Mercedes Moné Hints At Potential Unfinished Business in WWE
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’