SmackDown star Santos Escobar has explained how the WWE Performance Center helped him, despite all of his experience before joining WWE.
When Escobar signed with WWE in 2019, the second generation star had been wrestling for almost two decades.
Despite this, Escobar found his time at WWE’s training facility useful for preparing him for the main roster.
Speaking with Under The Ring, Escobar noted that he had to enter the Performance Center with a certain mindset:
“You’ve got to be humble enough to allow the universe to teach you things every day.
“You got to be able to allow yourself to be surprised, and I think the Performance Center is just that.
“When I got there I was 19 years in the business. On the surface, you might say, ‘Well, what are they going to teach you? If you’ve been doing this for 19 years, it means you know enough to survive 19 years,’ but in reality, the Performance Center is there for a reason.
“You got to check a lot of boxes and the Performance Center and NXT make sure that you check all those boxes so that when you’re finally called, you’re ready for it.”
Escobar and the rest of Latino World Order were chosen by SmackDown during the second night of the WWE Draft.
For a list of all of the picks from the second night of the draft, click here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win