It appears that the backstage story of Charly Caruso in WWE has come to an end. It has been reported that she had backstage heat over consistently being late to film interviews for Raw.
Now, it has been announced by ESPN that she has joined the company on a full-time basis. ESPN posted a tweet announcing her signing earlier today. The tweet also included the following quote from Caruso regarding her excitement over joining ESPN:
“It is so incredibly exciting to become a full-time member of the ESPN family. I look forward to continuing to grow with such a talented group of professionals and I can’t wait for all the opportunities that lie ahead.”
Multi-platform host & reporter @CharlyOnTV will be joining ESPN full time beginning in April as part of a new, multi-year contract extension
— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) March 29, 2021
Charly Caruso made her first appearance for WWE in 2016 when she appeared on NXT. Since then she has been one of a number of backstage interviewers for the company.
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere
- Young Bucks Continue To Tease Identity Of Mystery Partner