It’s being reported that the business strategy of WWE is to grow and expand to a “full-scale media universe”, using Marvel as a blueprint.
This comes following – and seemingly still in the midst of – a big overhaul from the WWE’s President, Nick Khan, which has prompted rumors that the company could be preparing for a sale.
Front Office Sports is reporting that sources said:
“At first glance, WWE’s a wrestling company. But it’s really a media/content company with a treasure trove of IP that appeals to young demos.”
The report also points out that, as part of the aforementioned overhaul, WWE has brought in media executives from outside the wrestling business to help with this goal.
Marvel went from a bankrupt comic book company to a “box-office behemoth” in many areas in 25 years, and WWE reportedly sees similar growing potential.
- CM Punk Sends Message About WWE Locker Room After Raw
- Anonymous WWE Star Addresses CM Punk Backstage Behavior At Raw, More Reactions Revealed
- CM Punk Plans Changed On WWE Raw, Real Reason Confirmed
- AEW Star Backstage ‘Frustrations’ Ahead Of Imminent Departure Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Interest In QT Marshall, More Details On AEW Departure
- Changes Made To WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Drew McIntyre Backstage Incident Update After WWE Raw
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- AJ Lee WWE Update After Reference During CM Punk Raw Promo
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo