WWE is reportedly set to make a change to a championship match announced for WrestleMania 38.
On WrestleMania 38 Sunday (April 3), Carmella & Queen Zelina will defend their Women’s Tag Team Championship against Sasha Banks & Naomi, and Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan.
The latter team was added to the bout after defeating the champions in a non-title match on the March 7 edition of Raw.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, a fourth team will be added to the contest before April 3. Noting that Natalya will be added to the match, Dave Meltzer wrote:
“The plan was to have (add a fourth team), with Natalya. On Smackdown they did have Naomi & Banks beating Natalya & Shayna Baszler in a match where Carmella & Zelina got involved. The win was short and clean so it didn’t appear to be the kind of match that would lead to them being added, but time will tell.
Natalya has notably challenged for the Women’s Tag Team Title twice at WrestleMania, first in 2019, teaming with Beth Phoenix, and again last year, alongside Tamina.
You can view the announced card for WrestleMania Saturday at here, and the current line-up for WrestleMania Sunday at here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023