The last time we saw an intergender match was in 2017, when Becky Lynch defeated James Ellsworth in a comedy match.
Since then, we’ve seen Baron Corbin hit Becky Lynch with an End of Days, and Nia Jax was hit with a variety of moves during a very entertaining Men’s Royal Rumble spot.
Other than these brief glimpses of intergender wrestling, the subject of male vs. female wrestling is very rarely touched upon by WWE.
However, it appears the wait for another intergender match could well be over, as on last week’s episode of SmackDown, Sasha Banks told Carmella she could have a title match, but only if Mella’s sommelier Reginald agreed to step in the ring with the SmackDown Women’s Champion first.
While a match hasn’t been confirmed as of right now, you’d think that Carmella would be willing to do everything in her power to get a title shot, even if that means putting her sommelier in harm’s way.
With SmackDown being tonight, could we be seeing our first official intergender match in nearly half a decade? We’ll be bringing you live coverage of SmackDown right here on WrestleTalk.com
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced