A backstage update has emerged on how WWE plans to book Gable Steveson after he becomes a full-time wrestler.
Steveson is currently signed to WWE under an exclusive agreement. Despite being drafted to the Raw roster in October 2021, the former Olympic gold medallist has yet to make his in-ring debut.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE plans to present Gable Steveson as ‘another Brock Lesnar’. Meltzer noted:
“Gable Steveson will also be fast-tracked to the main roster. The idea is for him to be another Brock Lesnar.”
Lesnar and Steveson’s careers do share similarities, with Lesnar also experiencing NCAA amateur wrestling success before arriving in WWE.
Steveson has been backstage for recent WWE Premium Live Events, and has teased that he’ll be at WrestleMania 38 in April.
During WrestleMania week, WWE will hold a tryout exclusive to current and former college athletes, which you can read more about at this link.
You can view the announced cards for WrestleMania Saturday (April 2) here, and WrestleMania Sunday (April 3) here.
Quote via Ringside News.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw