An update has emerged on WWE plans for a Cody Rhodes vs Brock Lesnar rivalry, following the main event segment of this week’s edition of Raw.
On the April 3 show, Brock Lesnar aligned himself with Cody Rhodes for a tag-team match against Roman Reigns and Solo Sikoa.
This bout ultimately didn’t happen, with Lesnar attacking Rhodes during the ring introductions, and beating Cody down until the show went off the air.
The segment divided fans, with some enjoying it, and others feeling disappointed.
The segment also fuelled speculation that Vince McMahon has returned to WWE creative, especially following reports about numerous changes to the show’s lineup.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), sources familiar with the situation indicated that creative plans for Lesnar to betray Cody Rhodes with an F5 after siding with him were in place a month ahead of Monday’s episode.
Lesnar was reportedly aware of his creative plans for WrestleMania, against Omos, a month in advance, and aware of the plan moving forward.
Michael Hayes was listed as the backstage producer who worked on the Brock Lesnar/Cody Rhodes beatdown segment.
For the full producer list for Monday’s episode of WWE Raw, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss