WWE is hoping to put on a huge main event for the SummerSlam show that is set to take place at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on August 21.
WrestleVotes reported today that WWE is hoping to have John Cena vs. Roman Reigns close the show, something that Jon Alba has also noted on Twitter is the “targetted main event” for the event.
I can confirm, after speaking with multiple sources, Roman Reigns vs. John Cena is the targeted main event at this moment.
John Cena missed WrestleMania in April as he was in Canada filming his Peacemaker show for HBO, and Alba has noted that filming for the show wraps up in July, meaning the 16-time World Champion would be free to make SummerSlam:
Cena’s schedule clears up in the beginning of July, which would allow him to return to #WWE in time for the return of fans.
WrestleVotes also reported today that WWE is hoping to have this year’s SummerSlam be as big as usual WrestleMania shows, which you can read more about by clicking here.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- HBO Show References Roman Reigns Possibly Joining AEW
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert
- WWE Raw No Longer Categorized As An ‘Entertainment Show’
- WWE Planning To Build More Performance Centers Around The World
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Suspended By WWE, Women’s Tag Team Championship Vacated
- Stephanie McMahon Leave From WWE ‘Been Brewing For Quite A While’