John Cena came up short in his attempt to win his 17th world championship at SummerSlam this past weekend, with Roman Reigns retaining the Universal Championship in the main event.
If that wasn’t enough, a returning Brock Lesnar attacked Cena after the show went off air, throwing him around the ring with endless suplexes.
According to a new report from PWInsider, we won’t be seeing John Cena again for the foreseeable future, as WWE officials understand he won’t be available for any wrestling work for the time being.
There is currently no timetable for when we will see him in the WWE ring next.
Cena is currently advertised for the September 10 taping of SmackDown at Madison Square Garden, but the current belief is that he will work a dark match after the show, rather than appearing on the live broadcast.
Cena has a number of TV show commitments in the coming months, so at this point is looks unlikely that we’ll be seeing him again in 2021. He is very much a part-time performer at this stage in his career, having only wrestled two televised matches in the past 16 months.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed