WWE’s original plans for Randy Orton when he makes his return to TV from a severe back injury have been revealed.
Orton has been absent from WWE since May 2022, and as of now isn’t expected back until sometime in 2023.
According to WrestleVotes via GiveMeSport, WWE’s plan back in May when he first left was for Orton to immediately turn on Matt Riddle whenever he was back.
Of course, a lot of time has past since then, and a heck of a lot of things have changed since then.
The biggest of those changes is that Paul Levesque (Triple H) is now leading WWE creative rather than Vince McMahon, so Levesque may well have something completely different in mind.
Orton and Riddle were incredibly over as a duo and Orton seemed to be having the best time of his career, so splitting them up would be a pretty huge decision.
Riddle has had no problem finding his way on his own though, featuring in a prominent feud with Seth Rollins throughout the past few months, and now potentially forming a team with the recently returned Elias.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Jerry Lawler Hospitalized After Medical Episode
- WWE Hall Of Famer Announces In-Ring Retirement
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- WWE Announces Date & Location For SummerSlam 2023
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- AEW Star Calls Tony Khan ‘The Best Boss I’ve Ever Worked For’
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- Former NXT Star’s AEW Debut Announced Amid WWE Return Rumors