Some news on WWE’s plans for the Hollywood-themed WrestleMania 39 event taking place on April 1 and 2, 2023 has been revealed.
With the event taglined ‘WrestleMania Goes Hollywood’ and taking place at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, it was always likely WWE would try to get some celebrity involvement on the show.
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported:
What we do know about Mania is that they are trying to get a lot of celebrity involvement in the show with the theme of being from Hollywood, and the mainstream attention that comes from celebrities being there.
It was noted to us that Nick Khan has a lot of connections from his days as an agent with people in sports and entertainment
This comes after a lot of talk that WWE was looking to bring John Cena in for a match at Mania, in what would be his first match since SummerSlam 2021.
WrestleVotes had also reported that Stone Cold Steve Austin would listen to offers for WrestleMania 39 as well after how successful his return turned out earlier this year.
There is of course also the question of whether The Rock could come in for a match with Roman Reigns, which is what WWE has been hoping for long-term.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy