A new trademark filing has indicated that WWE plans to use a previous pay-per-view name for an upcoming premium live event.
Per the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), WWE filed to trademark the term ‘NXT Battleground’ on March 20.
Per the filing, WWE intends to use this term for entertainment services and ‘a show about professional wrestling’.
The following description accompanied the filing:
Entertainment services, namely, a show about professional wrestling; entertainment services, namely, the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information
Battleground was previously a WWE pay-per-view series, with WWE Battleground shows airing from 2013 t0 2017.
The 2016 show notably featured the ‘Shield Triple Threat’, with Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley) defeating Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins to retain his WWE Title.
The most recent Battleground event in 2017 was headlined by the infamous Punjabi Prison match between Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.
It appears that WWE will be using this name for an NXT special moving forward. This has happened in the past with the likes of Halloween Havoc and Vengeance Day.
Ahead of WrestleMania 39, a big update has emerged on Randy Orton, which you can read more about right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- Another AEW Star Set To Return On Collision Debut Show