Former WWE star Duke ‘The Dumpster’ Droese made his return to the ring during Tuesday’s (April 25) Battle Riot V show.
Droese was a surprise entrant in the 40-man Battle Riot match, entering in the #34 spot.
‘The Dumpster’ made his entrance with a trash can, which he used to attack O’Shay Edwards.
Alex Kane then caused Droese to tap out after pulling on his prosthetic leg in what many viewed as a callback to Kevin Nash pulling on Maurice Vachon’s leg at a 1996 In Your House show.
Droese wrestled for WWE from 1994 to 1996, notably returning for the gimmick battle royal in 2001 at WrestleMania X7.
Prior to his Battle Riot appearance, Droese last wrestled during 2019 for several shows, which then was his in-ring return following his WrestleMania X7 appearance.
The MLW Battle Riot was ultimately won by Alex Kane, with Kane, Shigehiro Irie, John Morrison and Davey Boy Smith Jr making it to the final four.
Kane will now get a shot at the MLW World Heavyweight Title which is currently held by Alexander Hammerstone.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?