After the brutal assaults both endured on SmackDown last week, WWE has provided an update on the conditions of Big E and Sasha Banks.
They posted the update earlier today, added to their previous report saying both were being treated at the hospital. Here is the update, courtesy of WWE.com:
UPDATE: https://t.co/wNpELtByip has learned that @SashaBanksWWE and @WWEBigE have both been discharged from the hospital and are recovering at home. https://t.co/4NikEIzkq5
— WWE (@WWE) September 7, 2020
“Sasha Banks and Big E have both been discharged from the hospital and are recovering at home, WWE.com has learned.”
Banks, of course, was brutally attacked by Bayley on SmackDown. After Banks had already injured her knee, Bayley Pillmanized Banks’ neck. For those unaware, Bayley put a chair around Banks’ neck and stomped on it.
Also on the show, Big E was attacked backstage by Sheamus. Sheamus leveled Big E and put him through the windshield of a car. This meant Big E lost his spot in the number one contenders four-way match, a match that was ultimately won by his replacement, Jey Uso.
Both of these are obviously storyline injuries, but it will be interesting to see how long both of these stars will be out for. Of the two, Banks appears to be the one who will be out longer.
What do you think of this news from WWE? Let us know on Twitter!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39