Further to a previous report, an injured WWE star has provided a further update on their recent surgery following an injury on WWE NXT.
R-Truth was hurt on the November 1 edition of NXT after attempting a suicide dive during his bout against Grayson Waller.
He underwent successful surgery for the torn quad injury.
R-Truth has now provided a further update through a live stream on his RonKillingsTV YouTube channel, confirming that he’d had to undergo a second surgery, saying:
“Still healing up. Still healing up from my quad injuries.
“I’m going back to WWE. I just got to heal up. I had to have two surgeries. A lot of people don’t know that. I caught an infection so I had to have another surgery.
“So that set me back but, y’all know me, I’m coming back probably sooner than y’all think.”
He would go on to confirm that he has started physical therapy again, as of January 9, stating:
“I’m feeling good man. I did my own P.T. today, I got P.T. again tomorrow. I just started back up physical therapy last Monday.
“I had to have two surgeries so I was out for a while. It pushed everything back.”
Whilst there isn’t a reported timetable for his return, R-Truth did say, of his return, that:
“I was enjoying NXT (before I got injured). I like NXT, I love NXT, I’m going back.”
WrestleTalk wishes R-Truth a healthy recovery as he prepares to return to the ring.
Transcript from Post Wrestling.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- Injury Update On Dante Martin After ROH Supercard Of Honor