WWE Hall of Famer Teddy Long has commented on concerning comments about Randy Orton’s status, amid his in-ring absence.
After Orton didn’t make a rumored TV comeback during WrestleMania season, the popular star’s father Bob Orton recently fuelled concern surrounding the absent star, noting that he believes doctors told Randy Orton not to wrestle anymore.
Speaking with Sportskeeda, Teddy Long noted that if this is true, he doesn’t see Orton ever stepping back into a wrestling ring.
Discussing the situation, he said:
“Randy, he’s kind of hot-headed, and I think I’ve seen that in the past, but recently, I’ve had a chance to see Randy, and Randy has certainly become a family man now, to me.
“I don’t see that hot-headedness in him that he used to have. I think he’s calmed down and understands what it means to be alive.
“I can’t count it out (that Orton might opt to return), you know how this business is to some people. They’ve got it in their blood, they just got to do it, but I think Randy will do the smart thing.
“And I think if the doctor is telling him not to come back, I don’t think he will.”
Orton last wrestled on the May 20 edition of SmackDown, when RK-Bro were defeated by The Usos in a Raw & SmackDown WWE Tag Team Title unification bout.
For Bob Orton’s full comments on Randy Orton, click here.
Here are results from the May 15 episode of WWE Raw:
Shinsuke Nakamura def. The Miz
It was announced Liv Morgan had suffered an injury and the scheduled Women’s Tag Team Championship match was cancelled
Mustafa Ali won a battle royal to become #1 contender for Gunther’s Intercontinental Championship at Night of Champions
Becky Lynch returned and cut a promo on Trish Stratus, challenging her to a match at Night of Champions
Dominik Mysterio def. Xavier Woods
As JD McDonagh left the arena after an interview, there was a tease of Finn Balor scouting him to recruit him for Judgment Day
Indus Sher (Sanga & Veer) def. two jobbers
Cody Rhodes promo on Brock Lesnar ahead of their Night of Champions match
Raquel Rodriguez def. Chelsea Green
Judgment Day (Finn Balor & Damian Priest) def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn after interference from Imperium, which had been instigated by Paul Heyman doing deals with Judgment Day and Imperium earlier in the night
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023