Raquel Rodriguez has shared her honest opinion on her WWE run so far, noting that she wants to show fans a different side of her.
Rodriguez is one of WWE’s rising stars. Following a dominant NXT run which saw her hold the NXT Women’s and NXT Women’s Tag titles, Rodriguez joined the SmackDown roster in April 2022.
Since her main roster debut, Rodriguez has been proving herself as a potential top star, and had a very brief WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship reign, lasting just two weeks.
Speaking on WWE After The Bell, Rodriguez noted that she has so many more layers she wants to show her WWE fans.
Teasing a hardcore persona, Rodriguez said:
“I think the WWE Universe has a lot to look forward to because I’m just getting started. I feel like you guys have only seen one layer of Raquel Rodriguez.
“There’s just so many more that I want to bring out. I want to bring out the bad side of Raquel Rodriguez, I want to bring out the hardcore side of Raquel Rodriguez, I want to bring out the extreme Raquel Rodriguez.
“There’s just so much more that I want to do on SmackDown and on Raw and in general in WWE. I’m just so excited that this is the beginning of my journey, and it’s not even close to being over, which is kind of scary too.”
It was previously reported that Rodriguez was set to challenge Ronda Rousey for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at Royal Rumble.
This was before WWE reportedly changed plans for for the event, and before Rousey dropped the gold to Charlotte Flair in late-December.
Rodriguez is slated to compete in the women’s Royal Rumble bout. Check out the announced line-up for the match right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw