The WWE Raw 30th Anniversary Show was something of a mixed bag covering thirty years of the show’s history.
With a cage match not featuring as advertised among other issues, the positives arguably vastly outweighed the negatives on a show that also featured the return of Brock Lesnar, a ‘passing of the torch moment‘ between Undertaker and Bray Wyatt, the superbly delivered Trial of Sami Zayn and a praiseworthy segment between DX and Imperium.
With all this going on, it probably doesn’t come as a surprise that this episode of WWE Raw drew the highest viewership in almost three years for a red-brand show.
According to Fightful Select‘s sources (subscription required), “people of influence” in WWE were happy with how the landmark episode of WWE Raw turned out.
On top of all this positive reaction, the show drew the highest domestic gate in the entire 30-year history of WWE Raw.
PW Insider reported the backstage producers for each segment of the show.
The show didn’t feature the planned Acknowledgement Ceremony for Roman Reigns, with Afa, Sika and Rikishi unable to attend, according to reports.
The replacement segment, the Trial of Sami Zayn, did run over, according to reports, which necessitated the axing of the Steel Cage Match between Becky Lynch and Bayley.
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown