The WWE has reportedly been sent a cease and desist in relation to the company contacting already contracted talent in a notable promotion.
According to the current issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required):
“MLW sources have said that they have sent a cease and desist letter to WWE after the promotion attempted to contact some of its contracted talent to appear on the Raw 30th anniversary show.
“One would think it would have been members of the Anoa’i and Fatu family for the planned family acknowledgment ceremony, which ended up falling through.
“MLW sources have said Court Bauer told the talent to have WWE reach out to them directly, and didn’t say he wouldn’t allow them to appear, just to go through him.
“They never did and the segment ended up being canceled for the reasons noted earlier.
“WWE didn’t respond to questions regarding the cease and desist or the claim.”
The Anoa’i and Fatu family were scheduled to feature in the Acknowledgement Ceremony for Roman Reigns on the WWE Raw 30th Anniversary show.
The segment was replaced with the Trial of Sami Zayn after Afa, Sika and Rikishi were reportedly unable to get to the show.
According to reports, also from Dave Meltzer, Afa and Sika were “not ready for the trip”.
Rikishi had reportedly also “got sick” during the week leading up to the show.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?