As Raw General Managers go, Kurt Angle hasn’t done too badly. The ‘Olympic Hero’ has been in office since April 3, 2017 – a total of 504 days. That’s longer in the position than Mick Foley, Bret Hart, AJ Lee, and even Brad Maddox. In fact only Eric Bischoff, who was Raw GM for a whopping three-and-a-half years in 2002-2005, was in post on the red brand for longer.
But the former WWE Champion’s days in charge might be numbered. Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon has been questioning Kurt’s authority for some time now. And on last night’s show, Mrs Helmsley once again flexed her Authority muscles. Well, as best as she could considering Ronda Rousey had just mangled her arm.
Steph told Angle she was putting him on a temporary vacation. In his place, the acting GM of Raw will be Constable Baron Corbin.
The heel Corbin has been making the Olympic Champion’s life a misery for months now, since Stephanie appointed him Constable. With Kurt absent, the former Baron will surely have carte blanche to favor the bad guys on Monday nights. He might even abuse power to improve his own recent in-ring win-loss record, which the past few days alone has seen him suffer high-profile losses to the ‘Demon’ Finn Balor at Summerslam, and Bobby Lashley last night.
Kurt’s enforced holiday will also fuel rumors that the 49-year-old will soon become more than just a sporadic wrestler for the company. Angle has wrestled just four times since returning to WWE in early 2017 – at TLC and Survivor Series 2017, and at WrestleMania 34 and the Greatest Royal Rumble this year.
But when asked if he enjoyed his GM role in a fan Facebook Q&A this week, Angle replied:
“Yes. It has its challenges. But, I enjoy wrestling more. Hopefully I will get a chance soon. You never know.”
Meanwhile Rajah.com speculates that the real reason for Angle’s vacation is because next week’s Raw is in Toronto, Canada and there may be issues with him travelling there. But this has not been confirmed.
Kurt himself Insta’d the following which implies he may be absent for a few weeks.
- Kurt Angle IS Ready To Go!
- Kurt Angle SHOOTS on Future, TNA, Lesnar, Bálor, More!
- Baron Corbin reveals why he cut his hair
Do you think Kurt Angle will return as GM or become more active as a wrestler? Let us know in the comments, Twitter, and Discord today.
- Brad Maddox
- eric bischoff
- aj lee
- Kurt Angle
- Mick Foley
- Stephanie McMahon
- Constable Corbin
- Finn Balor
- bobby lashley
- bret hart
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- Upcoming AEW Show To Go Head-To-Head With WWE WrestleMania 40
- WWE Interested In Working With Major Celebrity For WrestleMania 40
- Higher-Ups ‘Very Impressed’ By Australia WWE Tryouts Ahead Of Elimination Chamber
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024