Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss have formed somewhat of an unlikely pairing in recent weeks on WWE TV, with Cross even earning Bliss a Smackdown Championship match with Bayley at the upcoming Extreme Rules pay-per-view.
However, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that once the tandem goes their separate ways, it will be Cross who is in the championship picture.
On Tuesday’s radio show, Meltzer said that the current plan is to have Nikki Cross positioned as a big-time babyface once this story with Alexa Bliss reaches its conclusion:
“The storyline is that Nikki deserves [the title shot]. The whole thing is to make Nikki into a bigtime babyface. That’s the goal here [is for her] to feud with Alexa. Essentially, Nikki is in the role that Bayley should have been in that they completely botched. They couldn’t go back to Bayley with it because it’s just too far gone and Bayley has been there for too long to go back to that role. Bayley is in her new role that she graduated into and Nikki Cross is in that original role.”
There is no word on when the company will have the duo implode, and when their subsequent feud will begin.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’