WWE unveiled the new United States Championship belt on Raw. It has drawn mixed reactions from fans and it is the last design from the Ruthless Aggression era to be redesigned. Now, it has been revealed WWE recently redesigned another set of belts as well.
Dan Beltzer (who knows about all things championship belts) revealed on Twitter that the SmackDown Tag Team Championship belts have been redesigned. However, the newly designed belts haven’t been used. WWE has reportedly had the belts since WrestleMania 35 in 2019.
They've had new SD tags since WM35 they haven't used.
NXT belt is being replaced with a larger version of the same design.
— Dan Beltzer (@BeltFanDan) July 8, 2020
The current design of the SmackDown Tag Team Championships has been the design since the titles’ inception. The belts were introduced with the reintroduction of the brand split in 2016. Rhyno and Heath Slater were the first set of champions. Kofi Kingston and Big E of the New Day are the current SmackDown Tag Team Champions.
Beltzer also revealed that the NXT title is being replaced with a larger design. All of the NXT titles went through a redesign in 2017 as they were all replaced at NXT Takeover: Orlando. There has been no other word on when a new NXT title design would be unveiled.
What championship belt would you like to see redesigned? Let us know on Twitter!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight