WWE made some big waves on tonight’s (January 7) episode of SmackDown, when they announced many past and present women’s stars for the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match.
The most noteworthy name to many was current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Mickie James, who was referred to as such on air by Pat McAfee.
Mickie James was released from WWE back in April 2021. After which, she took to Twitter to share that WWE had sent her belongings to her in a trash bag. James received a public apology from Stephanie McMahon, as well as Triple H announcing that the staff member responsible had been fired.
Alongside being name dropped as the IMPACT Knockouts Champion, WWE seemingly also made reference to James’ controversial departure, as Pat McAfee claimed that Mickie James had ‘axe to grind with the garbage that happened in the past‘.
Mickie is set to defend the IMPACT Knockouts Championship against Deonna Purrazzo at tomorrow night’s Hard to Kill event.
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch On How Much Creative Freedom She Has With WWE Promos
- Another Debut Announced For Next Week’s NXT 2.0