WWE made some big waves on tonight’s (January 7) episode of SmackDown, when they announced many past and present women’s stars for the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match.
The most noteworthy name to many was current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Mickie James, who was referred to as such on air by Pat McAfee.
Mickie James was released from WWE back in April 2021. After which, she took to Twitter to share that WWE had sent her belongings to her in a trash bag. James received a public apology from Stephanie McMahon, as well as Triple H announcing that the staff member responsible had been fired.
Alongside being name dropped as the IMPACT Knockouts Champion, WWE seemingly also made reference to James’ controversial departure, as Pat McAfee claimed that Mickie James had ‘axe to grind with the garbage that happened in the past‘.
Mickie is set to defend the IMPACT Knockouts Championship against Deonna Purrazzo at tomorrow night’s Hard to Kill event.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title