WWE has removed references to Joe Gacy and his new gimmick from this past Tuesday’s September 21 edition of NXT 2.0.
Seemingly part of the new “edgy” direction of the show, Gacy cut a promo to poke fun at the ‘woke left’ ahead of his match against Cameron Grimes.
During said promo while he was sat in the ring under a spotlight, he said:
“NXT 2.0 is full of conflict, from the smallest microaggression to the most heinous grudges. This is a place where we settle our differences.
“I come to you tonight with a mindset of conflict resolution where I don’t need to use my male privilege to get what I want.
“I understand just like you that life isn’t fair. I believe that we can achieve unity and tolerance for us all, and I can be the man that will show you we can achieve peace in this safe space. And it starts tonight!”
Well, it seems WWE may have decided that wasn’t a good idea after all, because all clips of the promo and the match have been taken down from social media and YouTube.
It is worth stating that it is unknown why the clips were taken down.
Gacy was beaten by Grimes in the match that followed.
Quote via New York Post
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Popular AEW Star Stepping Away From Indie Wrestling
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE