Keith Lee made his return to WWE television on July 19, in a losing effort against WWE Champion Bobby Lashley. Lee then went on to lose to Kross a week later, before picking up a win over Kross in what is, currently, his last appearance on Raw.
Lee has been a presence at WWE shows however, competing in dark squash matches as a way to ‘ease him back’ into the fold following his health scare that kept him off TV for five months.
In these squash matches, Lee has been very aggressive, working as a heel to destroy local competitors. Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer, this isn’t a coincidence.
Meltzer says that Lee has been competing in dark matches prior to Raw and SmackDown as WWE has plans to repackage him with a new character, so they are practicing it out in front of fans.
WrestlingNews.co has since added to the story, claiming that they have heard WWE is planning to repackage Lee as a monster heel going forward.
— Rob Powell (@ZumbaPowerHour) August 23, 2021
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status
- Gisele Shaw Comes Out As Transgender