Keith Lee was released from WWE back on November 4, and shortly after he took to Twitter to make a statement, where he claimed that he paid for his own medical expenses, and not WWE.
“Greetings and salutations. This day is my birthday! It is not a happy birthday, but is is one I am most grateful for. Several months ago, it was not a guarantee I would make it to this day, so there is a positivity in that. I paid all my medical bills from the many offices and machines I frequented. There is positivity in that. And, I do find it amusing that people believe anyone but me paid for my medical expenses.
I was going to wait a couple weeks, but I think it’s time to look toward the future, forward march as I like to say. I am capable of so much more and I can’t wait to see what it looks like properly. I have a wide array of interests and abilities….I also consider myself to be rather open minded. Here’s to a future that, for all intents and purposes….seems Limitless.”
WWE has since made a statement on Lee’s comments, claiming that they did pay for his medical bills. WWE’s statement said:
“Keith Lee’s recent comments implying WWE failed to pay his medical bills are erroneous.
WWE has an extensive healthcare program for the medical care of its in-ring performers and Mr. Lee was part of this program while with the company.
Should Mr. Lee have any concerns over the payment of medical bills, he is welcome to address them with WWE.”
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15