Keith Lee was released from WWE back on November 4, and shortly after he took to Twitter to make a statement, where he claimed that he paid for his own medical expenses, and not WWE.
“Greetings and salutations. This day is my birthday! It is not a happy birthday, but is is one I am most grateful for. Several months ago, it was not a guarantee I would make it to this day, so there is a positivity in that. I paid all my medical bills from the many offices and machines I frequented. There is positivity in that. And, I do find it amusing that people believe anyone but me paid for my medical expenses.
I was going to wait a couple weeks, but I think it’s time to look toward the future, forward march as I like to say. I am capable of so much more and I can’t wait to see what it looks like properly. I have a wide array of interests and abilities….I also consider myself to be rather open minded. Here’s to a future that, for all intents and purposes….seems Limitless.”
WWE has since made a statement on Lee’s comments, claiming that they did pay for his medical bills. WWE’s statement said:
“Keith Lee’s recent comments implying WWE failed to pay his medical bills are erroneous.
WWE has an extensive healthcare program for the medical care of its in-ring performers and Mr. Lee was part of this program while with the company.
Should Mr. Lee have any concerns over the payment of medical bills, he is welcome to address them with WWE.”
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking