A new report has revealed that a popular WWE NXT team may soon be reunited on the main roster, following WrestleMania 39.
At this weekend’s event, Sami Zayn will team with Kevin Owens to challenge for The Usos’ WWE Tag Team Championship.
The two stars have been frenemies for almost all of their WWE careers, with many regarding their NXT feud as the best ‘best friends to bitter enemies’ storyline in the history of the developmental brand.
Zayn and Owens’ NXT feud is rivaled by Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa’s split and subsequent rivalry with the two storylines often compared.
Per WRKD Wrestling on Twitter, there have been discussions within WWE about a potential DIY reunion:
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn aren’t the only ‘Frenemies’ reuniting.
There’s talks of Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa linking up on the main roster after #WrestleMania with Gargano going as far as to say this during an interview this week. #Smackdown
Both Gargano and Ciampa are currently on the Raw roster, with Ciampa called up in April 2022, and Gargano returning to the company that August, following Triple H taking over creative.
Gargano recently provided an update on Ciampa, who is currently out of action with an injury, which you can read more about right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star