A former WWE name has opened up about the current Rey Mysterio & Dominik storyline leading up to WrestleMania 39.
Vickie Guerrero’s history with Rey and Dominik Mysterio goes back decades, including the SummerSlam 2005 ladder match that saw Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero fight for the custody of Dominik.
Vickie Guerrero would speak about the feud between Rey and Dominik on The Whole Story Podcast, saying:
“I wish I was part of it! I just think ‘Man, they’re having so much fun…’
“Dominik and Rhea have always texted me, and we talked back and forth, and they’ve always had my support.”
The discussion would also note how Dominik’s current appearance has echoes of the late Eddie Guerrero, with Vickie saying:
“It was remarkable how much they looked alike.
“I told Dominik ‘You have this honorary position of having Eddie live in the storyline, and you have my support.’”
Dominik has invited the whole Mysterio family to decide on whether Rey should fight him at WrestleMania 39.
Plans for the father and son at WrestleMania were recently revealed, including what may take place at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony.
Transcript from ewrestlingnews.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish