A top WWE star has opened up on the positive response to their match at WrestleMania 39 where they “stole the show.”
Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship may not have been the main event on night one of the two night event but it was a highly praised match in its own right, as noted by Ric Flair.
Ripley recently appeared on WWE After the Bell and spoke about the match itself, saying:
“It is really really cool, I have to say it. It is epic and coming out of that match. I did feel like, we stole the show.
“I feel like we went out there and we left everything we had in that ring and that’s why we proved to everyone exactly why we should have been the main event spot.
“Yes, we didn’t have a good build like Sami, Owens and the Usos did, but at the same time, like Charlotte and I every time we step in that ring, we bring the brutality, we bring the ferociousness, we go out there and we just beat the living cr*p out of each other.”
She would then react to the praise for the match, revealing:
“So I feel like all the praises we got, it made me happy and it made me proud that we went out there and we beat the cr*p out of each other and people loved it.”
Corey Graves had spoken about the positioning of the match on the WrestleMania 39 Night One card and suggested that people will talk about the Women’s Championship match for a long time to come.
WWE Hall of Famer Alundra Blayze recently stated that women have to prove that they can main event WrestleMania.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win