WWE SmackDown star Ridge Holland has commented on social media after recently receiving death threats and other abuse.
March 11, 2023, marked one year since Big E suffered a potentially career-ending broken neck during a match on SmackDown when he was on the receiving end of a belly-to-belly overhead suplex from Holland on the outside of the ring.
E had a horrific landing that caused fractures to his C1 and C6 vertebrae and the injury has kept him out of the ring since, and could continue to for a lot longer if not forever.
Unfortunately something like that is always just one accidental misstep away during any match and it could really happen to any wrestler at any time, but some people have decided Ridge Holland deserves to be subjected to some awful abuse because of it.
Last night (March 12), Holland tweeted:
“Death threats. Threats to my family. Lobbying for me to lose my job. Being labeled as racist. Great stuff 👍🏻 keep ‘em coming.”
Both Holland and Big E have spoken since the incident about Holland going to visit E in hospital and buying him gifts to apologize (although on the funny side, the gifts were red meat which E doesn’t eat so he had to give them to some of his friends, but he did appreciate the gesture).
Sometimes it’s best to just keep in mind that if you don’t really know anything about what you’re talking about, and especially if you don’t have anything nice to say, you shouldn’t say anything at all.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- WWE Star Believes They Took The Best Stone Cold Stunner Ever