Of all the matches at WrestleMania 39, one stood out above all others for the result that many fans hadn’t expected after weeks of build.
Roman Reigns defeating Cody Rhodes to retain the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship has been presented as a life lesson by a father to a young WWE fan and details of the events that led to it have been revealed.
In the run up to the WrestleMania 39 main event, Cody Rhodes spoke to multiple outlets about his journey and his need to “finish the story”.
For fans seeing Rhodes seemingly unable to finish his story with a happy ending, Triple H would address the disharmony in the post-WrestleMania 39 press conference, pointing out that the story never really ends.
Dave Meltzer has revealed when the plan for a Reigns victory came to fruition in the current Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), stating:
“Reigns winning was always the plan, although it was kept secret and almost nobody knew.”
Following the match, a WWE representative addressed claims that Vince McMahon was behind the booking of the match.
Rhodes now seems set to work a program with Brock Lesnar following the events of the April 3 episode of WWE Raw after WrestleMania 39.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish