An update has emerged on Ronda Rousey’s WWE contract status, following speculation about her potential wrestling return.
Fightful recently reported that Rousey’s name has been discussed backstage as a possible entrant in the women’s Royal Rumble match on Saturday. The former UFC star hasn’t wrestled since losing her Raw Women’s Title in the main event of WrestleMania 35 in April 2019.
As per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Rousey is currently under contract with WWE. It was pointed out that her original deal would’ve been up, so it is unclear whether a new deal was put together, or if WWE just froze her previous deal after her last appearance for the company.
The report also noted that WWE has internally discussed plans for Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 38, and confirmed previous reports that Rousey has returned to training.
On the topic of a Royal Rumble return specifically, WrestlingNews.co reports that Rousey is not expected to be at the hotel WWE is using in St Louis tonight. It was also stated that a WWE source revealed that the general reaction of management to these Ronda Rousey reports has not been unhappy, as it adds more buzz to the show.
PWInsider previously reported that Rousey’s WWE make-up artist and stylist has been locked in for Royal Rumble, and Monday Night Raw, for ‘weeks and weeks’.
Stay up to date with the announced Royal Rumble entrants using our tracker, at this link.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 18, 2022
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Ember Moon Seemingly Ruled Out As AEW Joker
- Update On Sasha Banks WWE Backstage Heat
- Huge Announcement Regarding Roman Reigns WWE Future
- Johnny Elite Debuts On AEW Dynamite In Owen Cup
- Major Kenny Omega AEW Update
- Fans Excited As AJ Lee Potentially Teases In-Ring Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Chris Jericho & William Regal Set Up Huge Match For AEW Double Or Nothing