Ronda Rousey failed to recapture the SmackDown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam, with Liv Morgan retaining the belt in controversial fashion.
After the match, a furious Rousey locked the referee in an arm bar, and has since been “fined and suspended” by the WWE.
If you were worrying about not seeing Ronda on TV for a while, then fear not, because as explained by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Ronda is booked for Clash at the Castle, and therefore it’s very unlikely she’ll be suspended at that time.
“Not that long. She’s booked on the Cardiff show, so she’s going to be unsuspended at least before (that). I don’t know when she comes back, she’ll be out for I don’t know how long, but it’s not going to be a month, put it that way, because she’s got to be back for the pay-per-view show.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
The show is just over a month away on September 3, so perhaps it’ll be a one-month suspension and she’ll be back the week before Clash at the Castle.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- Upcoming AEW Show To Go Head-To-Head With WWE WrestleMania 40
- Higher-Ups ‘Very Impressed’ By Australia WWE Tryouts Ahead Of Elimination Chamber
- WWE Interested In Working With Major Celebrity For WrestleMania 40
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber