A former WWE name has revealed that they became emotional during a moment in the Royal Rumble on January 28 2023.
During the men’s Royal Rumble match, Cody Rhodes would make his triumphant return from injury going on to win the match and punching his ticket to WrestleMania.
Speaking on the Wrestling With Freddie podcast, former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr reflected on the moment that saw him getting emotional.
“Cody’s up there, you can see him mouth the words, ‘Dad, I did it.’
“Every son that’s lost a father, and then accomplishes great things after their father’s gone, that moment hits you so hard, man.
“It’s the thing you want to see in movies, you know what I mean?
“I did that the first time I booked a big job. I went to my father’s grave, put my hand on the plaque, and said, ‘Dad, I did it,’ word for word. So, it just hit me so hard.”
In the podcast episode, Prinze Jr would also say that since becoming a father he has been getting more emotional quite easily.
He worked for WWE from 2008 to 2009 as a blog writer and a member of the creative team.
He would return to the company in 2010 and remained there until 2012.
During his second stint, he worked as a producer and director.
Freddie Prinze Jr has been married to Sarah Michelle Gellar since September 2002.
The pair have two children, a daughter born in September 2009 and a son born in September 2012.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18